Thursday, December 8, 2011

William Powell for the Holidays!

It's a great pleasure for me to see the wonderful William Powell featured every Thursday on TCM! For those of you in the And..Scene know, Powell is one of my favorite actors, as evidenced here and here and here and here and here. Well you catch my drift.
My favorites of his films are the Thin Man series (can't seem to say that enough on this blog), Life with Father, and I Love You Again. Focusing on his career outside the Thin Man role, I appreciate the opportunity to see him in his few dramatic roles.

So, in accordance with TCM's schedule, I will be focusing on William Powell this month. What a pleasure!



Tonight on TCM!
The Last of Mrs. Cheyney (1937) A chic jewel thief in England falls in love with one of her marks.
Dir: Richard Boleslawski Cast: Joan Crawford, William Powell, Robert Montgomery. Fantastic!


High Pressure (1932) A scheming promoter tries to get rich selling artificial rubber.
Dir: Mervyn LeRoy Cast: William Powell, Evelyn Brent, George Sidney. Can't wait to see!


My Man Godfrey (1936) My Man Godfrey (1936) A zany heiress tries to help a tramp by making him the family butler. Dir: Gregory La Cava Cast: William Powell, Carole Lombard, Alice Brady. Too funny!
 Double Harness (1933) After tricking a playboy into marriage, a woman sets out to win his love honestly.
Dir: John Cromwell Cast: Ann Harding, William Powell, Lucile Browne. Just plain good!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes to William Powell being TCM's star of the month. He is one of my faves as well. Be stopping by here all month long to see what you have written.

    ReplyDelete