Tuesday, March 1, 2011

TCM Oscar Party

This past weekend I held my second annual TCM Oscar party! Thanks to the lovely folks at YouCast, I received another party package to help me celebrate. 



This year we watched one of my all-time favorites, Bringing Up Baby (1938). If you haven't seen this gem of a movie, then you haven't seen Katharine Hepburn or Cary Grant at what I consider their very best together. With the usual Howard Hawks fast-paced dialogue and witty zingers, you're not sitting down to a relaxing movie but instead, a whirlwind of accidental adventure and high comedy. Never a dull moment, Hepburn wins her man with the help of a leopard named Baby.
Though it won no Oscars, Bringing Up Baby is an awesome film and I totally recommend it to all. 

I got this lovely little gem as a birthday gift!






1 comment:

  1. Awesome Sarah, it sounds like you had alot of fun at your Oscar party! Love your birthday gift. "Happy Birthday"!!

    ReplyDelete