Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Today Is A Special Day!

Today is Fredric March's birthday!


Last year, coinciding with TCM programming and my own personal collection, I featured a full month of Fredric March. It was fantastic and draining. My friends thought I was a bit nutty! But I LOVE Fredric March! I got to read the one and only biographical book there is on him, listened and read interviews he gave, looked into his history on the stage and watched a varied collection of his work (not all- I like to spread him out!). I meant to start up a site dedicated solely to him, unfortunately, real life seems to always get in the way.

That being said, I will not be dedicating a full month to him this time around but instead encourage you to click on his mug over here- that will take you to Matthew C. Hoffman's FB page dedicated to him (you will be quite impressed with the photo collection!)
 ----------------------------------------------------------->


OR click on the March tag at the bottom of this entry to see all there is I have to provide on this wonderful, seriously underrated classic film god star!

ENJOY!!

2 comments:

  1. I SO agree with you that Fredrich March was a seriously underrated actor. He is one of my top 10 favorites, coming in at about 8 on my list. Do you have a favorite of his films? Mine is The Best Years of Our Lives. That is not only my favorite March film, but one of my top 10 favorite movies ever. I also LOVE Middle of the Night. He was fabulous in that one. And of course A Star Is Born. I'll take the 37 version over the 54 version any day...mostly because of Fredrich March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti! So glad you're a fan too! My favorites of March are Design for Living, The Royal Family of Broadway AND Nothing Sacred....it's so hard to choose!! I have The Best Years of Our Lives but it's one of the ones I am saving to spread out my FM joy. He WAS fabulous and heart wrenching in both Middle of the Night and A Star Is Born. I totally agree that the 1937 version is tops!

    ReplyDelete